- Supporting heart health. Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which is an
antioxidant that helps protect the heart from damage. They also contain citric acid,
which may help lower cholesterol levels.
- Helping with weight loss. Lemons are a low-calorie food that can help you feel
full. They also contain pectin, a soluble fiber that can help slow down digestion
and promote weight loss.
- Preventing kidney stones. The citric acid in lemons can help keep the urine acidic,
which can help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Protecting against anemia. Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which is needed
for the body to absorb iron. This makes them a good choice for people who are at
risk of anemia.
- Reducing cancer risk. The antioxidants in lemons may help protect against cancer.
Some studies have shown that lemon juice may help inhibit the growth of cancer